The school is affiliated with the ICSE board and follows ICSE pattern of syllabus
Shishya uses interactive methods of teaching; such methods include:
- individual and group projects and research
- creative writing, thinking and discussions
- role play, debates, current events and skits
- classroom activities, outdoor activities and use of environment/ nature walks, etc.
Subjects taught from Class 6 to 8: English language, English Literature, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, History, Geography, Hindi, German, Computer, Life skill, Moral value, GK, SUPW and Art.
Subjects taught from Class 9 & 10: Compulsory subjects: English language, English Literature, Hindi, Social Studies (History/civics & Geography); Optional subjects 1: (choose any two): Mathematics, Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology), Commercial studies, Economics. Optional subjects 2: (choose any one): Computer studies, Physical education. Other subjects : Life skill, Moral value, GK, SUPW and Art.
At Shishya, assessments are designed in such a way as to avoid pressurising the students.
Grades are awarded not only for the academic performance but also for efforts taken by students in class work, homework, student’s general behavior.
- Terminal examination is conducted for Class 6 and above. There are two term exams i.e September and March.
- Internal assessments: Regular class tests are conducted to encourage regular learning habit in every class. The average score will be taken as internal assessment marks.
- Effort marks: Child is evaluated based on his/her performance in classwork, homework and his/her general behavior.
- Stars: Stars are given for original work, attentiveness in class and their sincerity.
- No rank will be given to any child for any examination or test.