Shishya hosts a number of competitions for the students throughout the year. This helps in building child’s self-confidence and it is also an opportunity for the child to become aware of his/her abilities. The competitions are both curricular and co-curricular.
Classes Nursery to class 2 have inter-class competitions based on art, language and literature.
- English Poem recitation competition
- Hindi Poem recitation competition
- English Story telling competition
- Thumb impression competition
- Bindi Art competition
- Drawing competition
- Costume Competition
- Sports events
Spell-Bee competition: The school also has a spell bee competition for students from class 3 onward. The children have to learn a list of spellings over a period of one month. The level of difficulty increases with each class. All the children go through a selection round and on the day of the competition the selected children have to spell the words being called out by the judges. The classes are divided into three categories – junior, sub-junior and senior and a winner is announced for each category.
Classes 3 and above have Inter House competitions: Students from class 3 and above are part of one of the four houses and have opportunity to participate in inter-house competitions. The aim is to teach the importance of team work rather than individual success. Some of the competitions for the higher classes are poster competition, skit, debate, etc.
- Kho-kho matches –Inter house
- Volley ball matches – Inter house
- Hand ball (girls) – Inter house
- Football (Boys) –Inter house
- Baseball tournament – Inter house
- Enactment competition – Inter house
- Poster competition – Inter house
- Quiz competition – Inter House
- Hindi debate competition – Inter house
- Hindi poem recitation competition – Inter house
- Athletic meet – Classes Nur to 8
- Chess tournament – classes 4 to 8
- English Reading competition – Intra class 4th to 8th
- Spell bee competition – class 3 to 8