Shishya Public School Golden Rules
First and foremost:
“Living in Love”
- Arrive punctually in a clean and tidy uniform.
- Speak in ENGLISH inside and outside.
- Respect property including, plants, trees and flowers.
- Leave money and electronic devices, and chewing gum at home.
- Use the dustbins, leave plastic wrappers at home, put any snacks directly into tiffins.
- WALK inside of the school building, leave by the designated path.
- Remain outside classrooms before school and at interval.
- Never leave the campus during school hours.
- Respect your Principal, teachers, and all staff, drivers and conductors and peers.
- “Live in Love” daily
- Raise your hand and speak clearly when called upon
- Keep respectfully silent during class.
- Come to class prepared with what you need.
- Do not move from your seat without permission.
- Leave your classroom neat and tidy.
- Sharpen pencils, drink water, use, use the toilets at interval time.
- Stay seated and attentive if a visitor enters –do not get up or greet that person.
- Do not seek permission to re-enter your own class.
- Write H.W. in your diary.
- Speak well of others, do not send “secret/gossip” notes.
Discipline is essential in all walks of life. It is an integral tool for the development of personality.
- arrive at school five minutes before the bell and at the sounding of the second bell all should be in their respective classes/assembly
- come prepared with books/stationary
- be regular in class work, homework and follow up for satisfactory academic performance.
- participate in special events and electives
- participate in field trips which are compulsory; all will be charged according to the cost of the outing whether he/she goes on the excursion. Participation is a requirements and covers the bus expense.
- take responsibility for keeping the grounds and classroom clean.
- put litter into bins or waste paper baskets.
- be responsible to pay for damaged school property.
- display courtesy to all, whether old or young, showing due respect at all times.
- avoid loud talk in and out of classes, and also chorus answers. Silence in the library and laboratories is must.
- must converse in English during school hours and at interval.
- be neat and clean, wear the prescribed school uniform along with the ID card.
- Regular attendance is an important element of education. No leave or absence will be granted except for a genuine reason. Prolonged absence without information will result in the student’s name being struck off the school rolls. Re-admission, if granted will be done on payment of a fresh admission fee.
- Promotion is granted on the basis of the whole year’s work of the student, hence the importance of regularity in attendance.
- Class 3 and above have school every Saturday except the 2nd Saturday of the months unless otherwise informed.
- It is not compulsory for Play-group students to attend school on rainy or very cold days. However, if absent more than 2 days, kindly notify the school.
Parents should check homework diaries to see assignments or notices. On completion of homework, parents sign the diary verifiying completion of the homework, or give a valid reason as to why it was not done. Holiday homework is marked; when the session resumes a test will be given.
The following are not allowed:
- Objectionable/rude literature
- Valuables, Video games and any kind of jewelry
- Any equipment/material which may cause injury or hurt others.
- Mobile phones/any other electronic devices: these will be confiscated and returned to parents at the end of the year or after payment of Rs. 500/- fine.
Rules for Bus Students
- Respect and listen to the driver and conductor at all times.
- Keep arms inside the windows.
- Sit quietly in your seat
- Always be polite and respectful in word and deed.
- Parents are not allowed to travel in the bus for any reason.
- Young children are to be given seats first.
- No swinging on the belt support handles from the roof of the bus.
- Conductors will help store bags safely so they will not fall.
- The bus door remains closed while moving, only the conductor opens and closes the door.
- Any complaints about students given by conductors/drivers will be taken seriously.
- Compliants about a driver or conductor are to come to the office; verbal abuse from staff/workers or any person will not be tolerated.
- Students are not allowed to get off the bus at a stop other than his own unless there is written permission from the principal.
- All students must wear ID cards to board the bus.
OUR STAFF ARE ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR CHILD’S SAFETY.
THESE RULES ARE MADE TO KEEP YOUR CHILD SAFE, ANY BREAKAGE OF THE RULE WILL LEAD TO: TIME OFF THE BUS OR EVEN BUS PRIVILEGE BEING TAKEN AWAY.
Penalty for breaking a bus rule:
- If a student misbehaves once on the bus, parents will be notified and one day’s bus privileges will be taken away.
- With the second warning, bus privileges will be taken away from the student for 3 school days.
- If a third warning is necessary bus privileges will be taken from the student for one month.
- Bicycles are not to be ridden inside the school campus. Walk your bicycle to and from the gate.
- Bicycles must be in good conditions – with inflated tyres, a lock and good brakes.
Rules for Bicycling and Walking students:
- When a vehicle is approaching stop walking or riding; move off the road until the vehicle coming passes you.
- Do not race or run after the school bus or any other vehicle.
- Wear a bicycle helmet if you own one, it is to save your head. It is not compulsory but advisable to do so.
- Do not arrive at school early; you may arrive when the first bus arrives at the earliest