The school is affiliated to ICSE board and follows ICSE syllabus.
Shishya uses interactive methods of teaching; such methods include:
- circle time, creative writing and thinking
- use of teachers resources found in the library, such as: multi-links, flash cards, math puzzles, workbooks, other books related to the topics, educational games, etc.
- art and music as subjects as well as extracurricular activities
- classroom activities (projects, board quizzes, mental math games, etc.) outdoor activities and use of environment/ nature walks, etc.
Class 1 & 2: English, Mathematics, EVS, Hindi, Phonics, Life skill, Art, Moral values, G.K and P.T
Class 3, 4 & 5: English language, English Literature, Mathematics, Science, Social studies, Hindi, Computer, Life skill, Moral values, G.K and Art. (German from class 5)
Assessments: At Shishya, assessments are designed in such a way as to avoid pressurising the students.
Grades are awarded not only for the academic performance but also for efforts taken by students in class work, homework, student’s general behavior.
- There is no examination until class 2, only weekly assessment tests are conducted and grades are awarded.
- Quarterly tests are conducted for classes 3 to 5 on selected subjects. The academic year is divided into four quarters and a test is conducted at the end of each quarter.
I Quarter – April & May
II Quarter – July, August & September
III Quarter – October, November & December
IV Quarter – January, February & March
- Internal assessments: Regular class tests are conducted to encourage regular learning habit in every class. The average score will be taken as internal assessment marks.
- Effort marks: Child is evaluated based on his/her performance in classwork, homework and his/her general behavior.
- Stars: Stars are given for original work, attentiveness in class and their sincerity.
- No rank will be given to any child for any examination or test.